The Labour Committee works on behalf of the CHC to monitor labour issues for the Canadian horticulture industry. The shortage of farm labour, especially in peak season, is one of the most pressing issues facing agricultural producers in Canada.
The Committee meets as a whole at the Annual Meeting in March. At other times of the year, the Chair or other appointees represent CHC members in national and provincial meetings related to employment issues in agriculture.
- Chair: Murray Porteous
- Co Vice-Chair: Ken Forth
- Co Vice-Chair: Denis Hamel
- Co Vice-Chair: Pinder Dhaliwal
The Chair of the Human Resources Committee is appointed yearly at the Annual General Meeting in March. To contact the Chair, call the National Office at: (613) 226-4880 or send an email.
- 2016 Report from the Chair
- Canadian Horticultural and the Temporary Foreign Worker Program Primary Agricultural Stream
The following issues, among others, have occupied the Human Resource Committee this year:
- Farm labour shortage
- Employment insurance for seasonal workers
- The Temporary Foreign Worker Program