Along with our industry partners we continue to work on next steps with the respective government departments, namely Agriculture and Agri-Food, Employment and Social Development, and Immigration to ensure that not only public health, but food security, food supply and food sovereignty is maintained during these challenging times.
We remain available to answer any questions or concerns that you have.
See below for news and helpful resources and information on temporary foreign workers as well as COVID-19 and its impact on our sector. We will be updating this page regularly.
Resources and tools
- CHC guidance document for COVID-19 on farms
- CHC and partner-developed fact sheet
- Facts and key messages about international farm workers
- Template letter to politicians
- Heartbeat: A celebration of International Farm Workers (share this on social media)
- Organizations buying and selling personal protective equipment during COVID-19
- Myths and Facts Regarding Foreign Worker Programs (OGVG)
Government updates and information
- Government of Canada landing page for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Financial support for farmers and food processors
Employer and health information
- CPMA COVID-19 webpage
- CAHRC information page on COVID-19
- CanadaGAP Covid-19 webpage
- Workplace guidance for sector employers and employees
- CFA COVID-19 Resources webpage
- World Health Organization (WHO) coronavirus site
- FDA information on food safety and COVID-19