Along with out industry partners we continue to work on next steps with the respective government departments, namely Agriculture and Agri-Food, Employment and Social Development, and Immigration to ensure that not only public health, but food security, food supply and food sovereignty is maintained during these challenging times.
We remain available to answer any questions or concerns that you have.
See below for news and helpful resources and information on temporary foreign workers as well as COVID-19 and its impact on our sector. We will be updating this page regularly.
- CHC and partner-developed fact sheet
- Template letter to politicians
- Government of Canada landing page for COVID-19
- Heartbeat: A celebration of International Farm Workers (share this on social media)
- CFA COVID-19 Resources webpage
- CPMA COVID-19 webpage
- CAHRC information page on COVID-19
- World Health Organization (WHO) coronavirus site
- CanadaGAP Covid-19 webpage
- FDA information on food safety and COVID-19
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): CFIA Information for industry
- Canada provides update on exemptions to travel restrictions to protect Canadians and support the economy
- Prime Minister announces support for farmers and agri-food businesses under Canada’s response to COVID-19
- Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.