The Canadian Horticultural Council (CHC) oversees the following research projects, funded primarily under Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)'s Growing Forward 2 program with industry support.
For more information on CHC's projects and programs, contact email@example.com.
- Optimizing Storage Technologies to Improve Efficiency, Reduce Energy Consumption, and Extend the Availability of Canadian Apples for Domestic and Export Markets 
- Improving Tree Fruit Storage Management Using Weather Based Predictions of Fruit Quality at Harvest 
- Performance of Honeycrisp on New Size-Controlling Rootstocks 
- New Biological Control Agents for Postharvest Diseases of Pome Fruit 
- Development of External CO2 Injury in ‘Empire’ Apples during Storage Room Loading 
- Understanding of Potato Virus Y Complex in Canada and Development of a Comprehensive On-Farm Management Strategy 
- Wireworm Control in Potatoes and Strategic Rotational Crops in Canada 
- Development of a Rapid and Sensitive Triplex Nested Real-time PCR Method for Quantification of Verticillium in Soil 
- Zebra Chip and Potato Psyllid Survey and Monitoring 
- Nitrogen Management for Improved Yield, Quality and Profitability of Potato 
- Canadian Potato Variety Evaluation Program 
- Characterization and tracking of strains of potato late blight pathogen in Canada 
- Market Development for the Canadian Potato Industry 
 Funded under Cluster 2, a research program led by CHC and generously funded by nearly 50 industry partners and AgriInnovation, an AAFC Growing Forward 2 initiative that provides funding and/or resources to organizations supporting pre-commercialization research, development and knowledge transfer leading to innovative agriculture, agri-food and agri-based practices, processes and products.
 Funded under AgriInnovation, an AAFC Growing Forward 2 initiative that provides financial and technical assistance for research and development activities that bring innovation to the sector; and for projects that help industry bring the results of research and development to market through adoption/commercialization.
 Funded under AgriRisk, an AAFC Growing Forward 2 initiative that provides financial and technical assistance to facilitate the development and adoption of private-sector or other producer-paid agricultural risk management tools.
 Funded under AgriMarketing, an AAFC Growing Forward 2 initiative that provides project-based funding to non-profit organizations and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) for promotional and market development activities.