The Canadian Horticultural Council (CHC) oversees the following research projects, funded primarily under Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)'s Growing Forward 2 program with industry support.
For more information on CHC's projects and programs, contact Amy Argentino, Manager, Projects and Programs.
- Optimizing Storage Technologies to Improve Efficiency, Reduce Energy Consumption, and Extend the Availability of Canadian Apples for Domestic and Export Markets 
- Improving Tree Fruit Storage Management Using Weather Based Predictions of Fruit Quality at Harvest 
- Performance of Honeycrisp on New Size-Controlling Rootstocks 
- New Biological Control Agents for Postharvest Diseases of Pome Fruit 
- Development of External CO2 Injury in ‘Empire’ Apples during Storage Room Loading 
- Understanding of Potato Virus Y Complex in Canada and Development of a Comprehensive On-Farm Management Strategy 
- Wireworm Control in Potatoes and Strategic Rotational Crops in Canada 
- Development of a Rapid and Sensitive Triplex Nested Real-time PCR Method for Quantification of Verticillium in Soil 
- Zebra Chip and Potato Psyllid Survey and Monitoring 
- Nitrogen Management for Improved Yield, Quality and Profitability of Potato 
- Canadian Potato Variety Evaluation Program 
- Characterization and tracking of strains of potato late blight pathogen in Canada 
- Survey of Susceptibility to Diagnostic Concentrations of Registered Insecticides in Canadian Colorado Potato Beetle Populations 
- Market Development for the Canadian Potato Industry